They classify as follows:
According to shape:
- flat gaskets,
- three-dimensional gaskets.
According to the environment in which they are used:
- general-purpose type,
- resistant to high temperatures (max. 250°C),
- resistant to aggressive agents (oil by-products, greases, acids).
According to destination:
- for high dynamic loadings (plucking fingers, vibrating buffers, elastic elements for couplings),
- for sealing (seals, rectangular, round, U-profiles, cylinder-piston gaskets, bushings, gaskets for plate heat exchangers)